I have to say, they made great backdrops for "spur of the moment" photo-shoots and served well as a centerpiece for my staring-off-into-space sessions. My "obsession" if you will, does not end at wall collages; I do actually like to read them. *wink*
Before I share my current all-time favorites, I thought I would give a little blast-from-the-past to my old magazine obsessions in middle school and high school:
Now that I am a wifey and have my own place, I have somewhat refrained from madly sprinkling our walls with magazine photographs, but I do have a beautiful collection of subscriptions (or prescriptions as I like to call them) that grace my mailbox.
Here is a peek into my subscriptions and most recommended print magazines for fellow creators, DIY projects, fashion, design, practical application, and lovers of life.
1. HOW Magazine: Inspirational design, creativity, and business tips
2. do it YOURSELF: Amazing and affordable home DIY ideas
3. Martha Stewart Living: Thank goodness for Martha
4. The Nest Magazine: I LOVE the variety of marriage advice, DIY, recipes, and practical homemaking tips. It is like a quarterly handbook for being a homemaker!
5. print Magazine: Similar to HOW, this is an amazing resource for those who are into visual communication & design
6. NYLON: I love this magazine, not only for its unique and fresh layout, but it has amazing fashion, alternative, and music inspiration
7. Communication Arts: Amazing design and photography
8. REAL SIMPLE: Life is just better when it is organized
While on the topic of magazines, I have to pay tribute to my favorite retired magazine JANE. I wish someone would bring you back to life!
I have been hearing things here and there about some amazing virtual magazines. If you have any recommendations for print or virtual magazines, please leave your suggestions!! I want to know your favorites.