Monday, May 05, 2014

THE WEEKLY

Uh, what happened to the weekend? Since Thursday, Jon and I have been spending a ton of time working on our house. We've been here for 8 months and have made great progress, at least in our eyes. It's nowhere near finished, but rooms are becoming more and more functional and our home is feeling like ours more and more everyday.

We did some more painting, made a "quick" trip to Ikea for some furniture. Moved lots of furniture around, organized, and we're still working on some decorating and putting things away. My studio space is nearly done and I LOVE it. It's looking so professional, clean, and like a place I am really going to enjoy working in. Can't wait to show you soon!

I also got to spend some time with Jenny on Friday. It was so good to see her and enjoy her pregnant belly. :) As of today she is 4 days past her due date and we are all on pins and needles waiting to meet little Rowan. I'm so excited!!

Snapshots of the Week: 1// Shopping trips with my sister are the best. 2// Spent some time scouting locations for this year's Maiedae Mixer in September! It's seriously going to be incredible this year. I can hardly wait! -- We'll start selling tickets soon. Be sure to mark your calendar for September 20th! Atlanta will be the place to be! ;) 3// Reading to Soren. Love being a mommy. 4// New rug for my studio! From IKEA. :)


Favorite Posts/Pins/Articles:
* Have I been living under a rock? I'm SO loving the Evernote app and am fully addicted to it after having my friend show me the ropes. Jon and I are using it for everything now.
* I've been taking the Blog Life e-course lately from ABM and it's amazing!! Worth every penny. I just love those girls. They are so incredibly inspirational.
* Oh my yum! Making this asap!
* Just got my first makeup brushes from Sigma and I LOVE them.
* Tips on "Making it Through the Last Month of Pregnancy" from Jenny. I very much needed this when I was in my last weeks with Soren.

Inspiring Me this Week:
Jenny and I have a super awesome, exciting announcement about Maiedae coming up in the next few weeks and we are SO excited. It's been giving us such a jolt of inspiration and has been in the works since 2013. We can hardly wait to see everything come together. :)

3 Things About Yours Truly:
* Now that I'm no longer pregnant, my sweet-tooth is gone and I'm all about the savory snacks!
* I'm a plant killer. I cannot keep anything alive, even cactus and succulents. :(
* I feel so fulfilled and pumped after getting house projects done.

No comments:

Post a Comment