Saturday, October 09, 2010

2 FAVORITE PHOTO APPS FOR YOUR SMART PHONE

March 24, 2010 is the day I started Project 365. The project is simple: one photograph, everyday for one year. I began keeping my Project 365 in an album on my Facebook page. In the midst of trying to think of creative ways to keep my project interesting, I began the search of photo applications for my current iPhone in order to give my photographs an interesting look.

Just a little background on camera status: I currently have a basic digital camera, but I mostly depend on my phone for my Project 365 photographs. However, I am crossing my fingers that the hubs will wrap me up a Nikon D40 beauty for under the Christmas tree this year...

I am also a huge fan of the Holga, Fisheye, Lomography look that plastic film cameras can offer, but going through the process of developing the film can set you back; specially if you are after a quick result for a project like 365. By the way, check out urban outfitters amazing selection of plastic cameras. While searching, I came across two great photo applications-- one for the iPhone and another for the Android.

1. Hipstamatic for the iPhone: "Digital photography never looked so analog." I love this application. It costs $1.99 and you can add additional cameras, lenses, and flashes to your library on the Hipstamatic for $.99. You end up with a huge variety of photographs you can produce at the quick touch of a button that have the same charm and life of the ones by plastic cameras of the past. Bonus: by using the Hipstamatic web site you also have the option of getting your photos printed!

2. Retro Camera for the Android: "Instant Nostalgia." While the Hipstamtic has tons to offer for the iPhone, Retro Camera does the same for the Android. It is an excellent alternative for the Android phones, plus it is FREE. Cannot beat that. You have a choice of five cameras and five settings of vintage vignetting as well as film scratch and cross processing effects. 


Doesn't this just make you want to find an old downtown area and go all hipstamatic-retro all over the place? Wishing everyone a happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love having Hipstamatic on my iphone. It's the app that keeps on giving.

    ReplyDelete