Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thrifting Treasures

I haven't gotten the chance to spend time thrifting and antiquing lately because I don't really enjoy going by myself and our weekends usually fill up quickly with events and friends//family time. SO, this past week, I took a personal day off work and drove to meet my sister and her friend Renee for some much needed treasure hunting time!

First, we went to this amazing Antique Mall just a few minutes away from my parents' home. I've been saying, "I need to go there!" for the past couple months, so I finally made time to wander around this amazing place. I've been on the search for mid-century candy colored dinnerware and was able to score some super exciting and beautiful pieces:

1950s - Amish 2.5 Quart Pyrex
1960s - Glassbake Mugs

The picnic basket above has a special purpose that I'll be sure to share later! -- I also found some amazing clothing pieces at the thrift store that I'm sure you'll see in some of my Threads posts. See my $4.49 dress score here!

I love finding great deals and special little things for my home. I just get so excited to find special kitchenware pieces that were possibly used 50-something years ago. I wish every antiqued item came with a history description. :)

13 comments:

  1. great finds! i especially like the bowl. a 'personal day' was definitely needed :-D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous14.4.11

    I've been glued to ebay for WEEKS looking for a picnic basket just like that one! So pretty!! =) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your mugs! i always end up spending an absolute fortune on ebay

    ReplyDelete
  4. what antique mall did you go to?? such great finds!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashleigh - It's just called, "Antique Mall" and it's in Lawrenceville on Five Forks Trickum next to the good ol' dollar general. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bowl! Thrifting/antiquing is so.much.fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Glassbake mugs are amazing! Such a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pyrex jealousy galore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man! I am sooo going there!! thanks for the tip...these are all gorgeous, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh, such great finds! love the Amish folk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the mugs! SO cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been looking for the perfect picnic basket for a while now! Great find!!

    ReplyDelete