While things are busy as ever with work and with Maiedae, Jon and I took some time off on Saturday to work on our new condo and do a couple projects. Since our objective is to focus on the dining room, we spent Saturday priming and painting the once burgundy walls. We did some cleaning and some organizing. We went to one of my favorite home stores, West Elm, to get curtains for the dining room and then made a stop at Lowe's to pick up materials for our DIY curtain rod, new outlet covers, and a trash can and a recycle bin for our kitchen, which were very necessary and important. ;)
We've made a lot of progress, sitting here in the living room now and looking over into the dining room...it looks like a totally new space from Friday. It's still so empty, since the only things in it right now are a table, 4 chairs, a light fixture, curtains, and four coasters. ;) We are taking our time, but putting a lot of love into each project and making this place our home. I took lots of before and afters of our progress, so I'm planning to share how things are looking now as well as the DIY for the curtain rod! I've got some major blogging planned this week.
Snapshot(s) of the Week: 1// Andy Warhol print from Art.com for the dining room art wall. 2// Enjoying the morning light while working at home. 3// New goodies from Rifle Paper Co. 4// Dressed up for date night!
5 Favorite Posts:
* Society 6 by Kelli Murray
* 10 Super Foods for More Energy by Mind Body Green
* Photoshop or Photoshop Elements by Alt
* 10 Tips for Growing Your Facebook Influence by Alt
* Pretty Simple: Wearing Falsies by Camille Styles
Favorite Blog of the Week:
* The Dainty Squid - Kaylah is always inspiring. She has a fantastic, quirky style, amazing collections, and adorable cats. She single handedly inspired me to start doing my nails more often. ;)
Inspiring Me this Week:
This piece of artwork. I've fallen in love and I think it would be a beautiful centerpiece for the dining room.
3 Things About Yours Truly:
* Had my nose pierced for about a year in college.
* I've always admired my best friend's artistic talent.
* My husband and I frequently make QuickTrip stops on the weekend for their fountain drinks. Since we only have soda on the weekend, Jon greatly looks forward to our stops. ;)