|Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier|
|View from the Ferris Wheel|
I am a new fan of the Windy City! -- I had such an amazing time in Chicago. The only thing that could have made it better was to have Jon there! Here is a list of my most favorite things:
* Garret's Popcorn - Every time we passed by Garret's, there was a line out the door for their popcorn. The beautiful smell of fresh caramel filled the streets...I HAD to get some. I got two small bags of their Chicago mix. Caramel cheesy goodness in my mouth!
* Hyatt Regency Hotel Beds - I don't know what it is about hotel beds...but I slept like a baby. So comfy!
* Renegade Handmade - My new favorite store of ALL time. I bought myself a couple of early birthday gifts from iamhome & Scarlet Garnett -- I also found a new handmade shop, shelter, that I just love and I have my eye on a couple of her handmade backpacks!
* Sally Hogshead - The closing speaker of the HOW Design Conference. Besides the fact that she was an amazing speaker...she has developed a really neat tool about assessing what fascinates others about you. It's less about your perception of the world and more about how others perceive you and how you can translate that to your workplace. Oooo ahh!
* The "L" - Public transportation in Chicago is amazing compared to Atlanta. I loved it.
* Books! - I purchased a couple books from the conference on design and I can't wait to dive into them!
* Vintage - My favorite little vintage//handmade//new items shop, Una Mae's...so cute and the owner is precious! I bought a couple pieces of vintage clothing and a new pocket watch necklace.
There was a lot more that I really loved and there's a lot more I wish I could have done! Until we meet again Chicago... :)