Tuesday, July 31, 2012
SOLO FEATURE: MY LIFE IN LAVENDER + GIVEAWAY!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself!
My name is J and I’m a fashion blogger, student, and amateur photographer. (I’m still learning!) I’ve always been in love with fashion and this year, after endless internal debates, I went ahead and launched ‘My Life in Lavender’. My blog is a culmination of my passions which include fashion, photography, and music. I also have a penchant for funky jewelry, coffee, candles, and rich melodies.
2. What made you decide to start blogging?
About three years ago, I started obsessively reading fashion blogs; loving how individual women are showcasing their passions and eclectic tastes for fashion from all over the world. I continued to read these fashion blogs between my hectic schedule. When the busy-life became a little too much, I took a step back and realized that maybe starting my own blog would be good for me. As a student, I am very used to putting classes first and forgetting my other interests. ‘My Life in Lavender’ is my escape from the day-to-day craziness. It’s my artistic outlet.
3. What are your favorite things to blog about? Favorite posts?
It took me a little while to find my niche and realize exactly what I love to blog about and I’ve landed on two distinct passions: fashion and music. I’ve started up a segment that comes out on Tuesdays called ‘Tune Tuesdays’ and you can see my favorite one so far here. I feel that beautiful melodies are necessities in life, so writing about them has become some of my favorite times. I also love putting together my fashion posts. I do a series called 'What I Wore' and describe my outfits. So far, my favorites would have to be this one and this one.
4. What is your favorite pass-time?
My favorite pass time is to watch television shows. I go through phases where I marathon one show at a time. Currently, I’m watching Lost and a month ago it was Pretty Little Liars. I tend to skip around and don’t have one set genre I stick to.
5. What is on your current wish-list?
My current wish-list includes: Blue Dress, Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume, and NARS Lipstick in Roman Holiday.
6. Favorite blog reads?
My daily’s include: Hapa Time, A Go Go Fashion, and Casey Leigh.
7. If you had three wishes, what would they be?
(1) Have my own studio//work space to put together posts, take photographs, and work on my jewelry making.
(2) Travel around the world. I especially would love to visit Europe.
(3) Be [stay] Happy.
8. Favorite summertime song?
Not exactly solely a summer song but I’m absolutely in love with ‘Stereo’ by Mike Mains & the Branches.
9. What's your favorite food?
My favorite food is Lavender flavored ice cream.
10. What inspires you the most?
My biggest inspiration is music. I love lyrics and so I pay close attention to the words people sing. I feel that those words hold so much weight and meaning that they have the potential to change everything. To me, a good song could brighten any day.
Find J Here: Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram: j_lavender17 | Bloglovin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
J is offering one lucky reader the chance to win a set of beautiful handmade rings!
Following J via GFC on her blog here. Comment letting me know you did and be sure to leave a contact email address!
1. Like J on Facebook.
2. Tweet about it! You can copy and paste this: Win a beautiful handmade ring set by @life_lavender on @Maiedae! http://maiedae.blogspot.com/2012/07/solo-feature-my-life-in-lavender.html
Best of luck!