This weekend I went up to Rome, GA, to see friends and visit my old college for their annual Mountain Day weekend. On Friday night, I had dinner with Kate, went to a talent show and drove up to mountain campus to stay in a cabin with old friends from my dorm. :)
On Saturday, Jenny and I took a stroll through Friendship (our dorm when we were students) and reminisced over our old college days and the rooms we stayed in. I know I'm still young but I can't believe it's been over 2 1/2 years since I graduated. My college experience always stood out in my mind so prominently and as the months pass it becomes more and more of a memory at my fingertips, a little further away each month. I talked with a friend of mine about the fact that college was such an essential part of making us who we are and although we miss that time and community, it is so sweet to be in this place where we are doing what we truly love and apply the things we learned and gained from college to our lives. We are attaining our dreams and DOING. It's exciting, fulfilling, and right. Going back reassured me that I'm where I'm supposed to be and that I should be fully here at each phase of my life.
Jon has off on Monday, so we decided to take a lazy Sunday and will be taking a lazy Monday. We spent most of the day today cuddling and watching pilot episodes on Netflix to find our next "show". I love so much that we can have days of nothing, just laying in each others arms and being at peace. I had a lot of moments today were I felt like I was playing house...and then just felt overwhelmed with blessing and thankfulness. It's sometimes hard to believe that this is real! We are married, in love, have a place we call home, have family we cherish, friends we adore, and health. I could never take it for granted. We are so looking forward to our lazy Monday off. Shouldn't all Mondays just be lazy days? ;)
Snapshot(s) of the Week: 1// Love getting magazines in the mail. 2// Foggy drive into work last week. I think Atlanta is so beautiful surrounded in fog. 3// Purse score at target. 4// New art piece came in the mail for our dining room! This will be the featured piece, so I was thrilled to get it. Can't wait to hang it up soon!
5 Favorite Posts:
* Welcoming Fall - A Few Key Pieces by Mucho Mucho Bueno Bueno
* Glittery Find - Confetti System Ornaments by The Glitter Guide
* Creepy Cocktails by Martha Stewart Living
* DIY: Rustic Headboard by PulchritudeFest
* You Are Awesome. So is This Book. by sfgirlbybay
Favorite Blog of the Week:
* Moorea Seal - Besides having the coolest name on the planet, Moorea is a super talented jewelry maker in Washington state as well as an amazing illustrator. Her blog is very well designed and I love getting peeks into her everyday life.
Inspiring Me this Week:
Feeling inspired to outfit my front door and little lawn for fall. Right now it looks like no one lives here from the outside. Planning to take a trip next week to Lowe's to get some pumpkins and plants!
3 Things About Yours Truly:
* In a continual state of craving homemade cookies.
* I've listened to "When I Grow Up" by First Aid Kit an uncountable amount of times this week.
* Today, Jon and I made sweet potato chips, so so yummy.