Mornings have been interesting at the Wallace household lately. For the past several months we've had construction going on in the woods behind our condo. To paint a picture for you...my side of the bed faces the east window, so right around the time I'm ready to wake up the sun and all of it's "good morning, get out of the freakin bed" flares are right in my face. Our room is filled with light and right outside the window is a beautiful tree, and every morning a tiny bird that has a similar tone to a car alarm sings us awake from early dawn until be are literally out of the bed. And...back to the construction, for some reason starting around 6:00am a giant piece of machinery (not sure what it is, I haven't been able to spot it), makes that backing up "bleep bleep bleeeeepppping" sound for 3 hours straight. So we have the sun, the incessant bird and the melodic bleep bleep bleeeping of the construction work. AND right around 7:30am, Kaito, our grey-hairded cat gets hungry and makes sure we are very aware of it by howling at the top of his lungs at the tiny crack at the bottom of our door. It's truly a symphony to hear. ;)
Most mornings Jon and I can burry our heads in our pillows, put on a little static background noise and get an extra hour of sleep in, but this morning for some reason hit me all at once, I think I might have gone mad.
|Photo found here.|
During my day in bed, I came up with a couple of "must-do's" during a sick day:
1. Nothing - If you don't have the energy to read, work or think...just don't do anything. Try and get some sleep, lay still and just try to be as peaceful as possible.
2. Listen to Your Mother - I might not want to drink any water, take any medicine or eat a thing...but try and do whats best for your body. Stay hydrated and let your insanely amazing body work on the getting back to normal process.
3. Watch YouTube - Once your brain starts functioning somewhat normally and you are well enough to actually watch something, go to YouTube! Of course there is Hulu and Netflix, which are brilliant, but I've found a new obsession (thanks to my sister) on YouTube watching beauty and fashion videos. Currently loving this, this and this channel.
4. "Window" Shop - Since your stuck in bed, might as well browse the internet and do a little online window shopping. Sometimes it's just fun to put things in your cart or on your wish-list and never actually buy a thing. I DID however get inspired and bought myself a small haul of "love myself" goodies from LUSH. Omg I love that shop.
5. Enjoy - You're in bed. You're sick...might as well make the best of it and enjoy the day off, especially in-between the "i think this is the end" feelings. ;)
And now, with that, I'm going to take my own advice and do "nothing" by going to sleep. :) I wish you well and all the best in your health! I hope you have a wonderful weekend friends.