Hello, friends! I'm back from my Thanksgiving break and I'm ready to crank out these next three weeks before Christmastime! Jon and I took last week off and did a little traveling to see family for Thanksgiving. We went to Charleston and had a delicious feast with his mom's side of the family. I also got to see my sweet goddaughter and niece, Emerson...which is always such a joyful time. :) On Saturday, Jon and I celebrated Thanksgiving with my side of the family locally. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm all for more than one Thanksgiving. That also applies to Christmas. ;)
Sunday was probably one of my favorite days. Jon and I slept in, woke up and went out to breakfast, picked out a real tree, and brought it home. I don't have any memories of having a real tree, so the whole experience was so exciting. I LOVE how real trees look. So beautiful. :) We spent the day decorating for Christmas, hanging up lights outside and putting our stockings on the fireplace. Of course we watched our favorite Christmas movie, Scrooged, and later listened to Christmas music. I love my little family. I'm so excited about Christmas this year. :)
Snapshot(s) of the Week: 1// Decorations in Georgetown. 2// Made a salted caramel pillow cheesecake for Thanksgiving from this recipe. Turned out very yummy! 3// Heading back to Georgia. 4// Our real tree before the decorations!
5 Favorite Posts of the Week:
* Planting Garlic by Hello There Home
* The Sequel to Night Bells is Now Available by Unearthing Words
* What We Wore by Bleubird
* New Christmas Prints in the Shop by Oh My Deer
* Table to Farm by Hello There Home
Favorite Blog of the Week:
* Hello There Home - Gina is my new friend from Saint Simons Island and I'm obsessed with her blog. So many beautiful pictures and great home-living tips. :)
Inspiring Me this Week:
* Christmastime, making new traditions, wrapping gifts, and decorating.
3 Things About Yours Truly:
* I DO NOT like Black Friday shopping. You probably won't find me standing in line anywhere at 3:00 in the morning. Nope. I prefer to leisurely surf the web and shop online. :)
* Besides Scrooged, my favorite Christmas movies are Home Alone, Jingle All the Way, and The Santa Clause.
* This year we have 5 stockings. One for Jon, one for me, one for our roommate Glenn, and one for each of our kitties. ;)