Monday, July 15, 2013

A THANKFUL HEART

It's hard to believe how much can change in just a few months. In May, Jon and I celebrated our three year wedding anniversary. It has truly been some of the best years of our lives and we've loved being married to each other. When we first got married, we thought about waiting two-ish years to start trying for a family. After year two passed, we still felt that waiting feeling in our hearts and decided to hold off on family starting. As 2012 started coming to an end, slowly but surely our hearts started growing towards parenthood. We soon realized that 2013 would be the year that we started trying and that we hoped to get pregnant. It was so neat to see our hearts shift from wanting it to be just us to wanting, dreaming, and talking about little Wallaces running around. We also found ourselves having quite a few of those, are we old enough to have kids!? moments. Even though we're in our mid-twenties, it's been really weird to wrap our head around the idea of being parents and bringing children into the world.


One conversation I've had over and over again with Jon is just the fact that I find it so incredible and odd that I've never been pregnant before and yet my body knows exactly what to do. Both good and bad feelings/symptoms, it's been exciting and interesting to know what my body is doing and that it's growing a baby. There. is. a. human. inside. of. me?! I may or may not have done the iconic alien coming out of my stomach scare to Jon when he was trying to be sweet and rub my stomach...

I did want to thank all of you, my friends, and family for being so supportive, encouraging, and celebrating with me yesterday. It was SO exciting to finally make our news public. Every "like", comment, phone call, and text made my day and was SO encouraging. When we first found out, I was only 3.5 weeks along (super early) and we had planned to wait and tell our parents on Father's Day, which was several LONG weeks away. We didn't realize how difficult it would be to keep our secret until we were actually around our families and friends. It took all we had not to shout, "OMG WE'RE PREGNANT YAYAYAYAY!!!" Well, we totally caved and ended up telling our parents a week before Father's Day. Slowly after that we started telling our friends. It was a fun secret to have, but it was more fun to share for sure!! Some of my favorite reactions came from my parents, Jenny and Drew, Anica, and our friend Patrick. All involved shouting, some tears, and lots of excitement. They were so hilarious and memorable. :) 

I've definitely been more distant from my blog over the past two months taking time to rest, be sick, and celebrate with Jon. I'm excited to finally get back into the swing of things and be able to share more of what's on my heart with you. I've decided to start a baby series on the blog that will include journal entries of my thoughts and personal experiences, inspiration boards for baby stuff, nursery decorating, and ways I'm preparing myself for becoming a mommy. I can't wait to share my thoughts with you. Ever since we found out I've been doing a crazy amount of reading, journaling, pinning, and thinking...so I've got LOTS to share. :) 

Again, thank you SO much for all of your encouragement, celebration, and love!!! We are SO thrilled and SO excited. Yay for baby Wallace on the way!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment