Friday, July 12, 2013

LIVING WELL: THE SANITY MANIFESTO

A couple months ago I stumbled upon this neat post about creating a plan when things get overwhelming called The Sanity Manifesto. I read over it a couple times and really appreciated the ideas and thoughtfulness behind it. I've always loved having a "plan" and I've always been a huge list person. Making a list of projects I want to accomplish for the summer, making a list of to-dos before a meeting, writing out lists and lists of ideas. That's one of the reasons the idea of The Sanity Manifesto really appealed to me.

Photo Found Here

Life can get overwhelming. In good ways and in not-so-awesome-ways. You can suddenly have a lot on your plate, major life changes can occur, or you can just be feeling under the weather. In any case, life sometimes calls for a little sanity. Lately, I've been a little under the weather and thinking a lot about things I can do to be peaceful, love on myself, and love on others. I decided to take the idea of a Sanity Manifesto and create my own list of things that I can do to make myself feel sane and happy. Here are some of the things on my Sanity Manifesto:

1// light a candle

2// have a no-plans day and simply go with the flow

3// spend time reading books, magazines, and looking at creative things

4// don't stay in bed all day, it'll just make you feel worse

5// spend time with "your people", those that are the closest to you and encourage you

6// make lists of things you look forward to and things you're grateful for

7// watch comedies and do things to make yourself laugh

8// try something new

9// have a pamper night

10// write someone you love a letter or do something special for them

11// go on a date with your significant other

12// take a break from things that are adding too much stress

13// slow down

14// spend time in quiet

15// reward yourself for accomplishing big tasks and projects

16// be honest with yourself

17// journal or scrapbook memories

18// balance your "no's" and your "yes's"

19// eat good and healthy food, also have some treats every now and then

20// take time to be creative and brainstorm exciting ideas and goals

What kind of things would you put on your Sanity Manifesto? I would love to see yours! Feel free to create one of your own and include your link in the comment section below. I think this is such a great thing to create for yourself and tuck away for those extra days of needed sanity. :)

Happy weekend, friends!! I hope it's relaxing and full of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment