Thursday, April 07, 2011

A Seal of Love: Tattoo #1

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for the past four years and decided in college if I really wanted one, I would wait until I graduated and got married. My own personal rule was that it had to be something that would be part of my heart for the rest of my life. I figured as long as it had to do with my marriage, family, faith, or passion, then I could commit to it for a lifetime. 

Jonathon and I decided on Song of Solomon 8:6 a couple weeks ago when we read the verse together. We were so struck by the epic, beautiful love that Solomon was describing to his bride. I very much love Jonathon with my whole heart and being. He is part of me and makes me a better woman everyday. So, this is a seal of my faith and love-- two things I could definitely commit to for a lifetime:



Tattoo Designed by the super talented and beautiful: Chelsea Petaja of .Oh my Deer.
Tattoo Artist: Ryan Weaver of Timeless Tattoo's

13 comments:

  1. Savannah, it is GORGEOUS! I love that verse, and the meaning behind it is just so lovely and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! So simple yet so powerful. I've also spent my college years thinking about getting a tattoo, but have not found something that I feel is worth having forever. I would like to get one by the end of 2011, but I still have some thinking and searching to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7.4.11

    Possibly the most beautiful tattoo ever, just because it has such amazing meaning behind it. I'm in that "if I still want it in 5 years time then I'll get one" phase, but you've rekindled my urge for one! =) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your tattoo, I think it's actually so beautiful and unique, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so cute! I love it. I'm so glad you're happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks so prettty and so meaningful... the best kind of tattoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. Such a beautiful verse and the font is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i love it! it is so beautiful and such a gorgeous verse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8.4.11

    i adore tattoos that are just black text...especially in font as beautiful as that one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am completely overcome with jealousy! This is probably one of my favorite tatoos ever.

    Great choice, everything about it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so pretty Savannah! And it's so nice to hear that so much thought went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL tattoo! Love the verse <3

    ReplyDelete