Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nesting Update: Progress on the Master

Last week I shared some details about our mini bedroom makeover, which you can view here. Now that we've got a fresh coat of paint up, replaced our nightstands, and fixed up the "pillow situation" things are starting to look a little better!


Since we have a platform bed, it's hard to find nightstands that work with the height, so we decided to use $7.00 floating shelf's from IKEA as our solution! I'm planning to add a small box//treasure holder on each side to throw in our chap-stick and other little oddities. :)


Our dresser wall is opposite from the bed, and it's currently a little sparse...we are hoping to hang some of our instruments on this wall and spruce up the top of the dresser. :) 

Our Bedroom Makeover To-Do List
* Finish a few paint touch-ups on the wall
* Figure out the "pillow situation" 
* Hang new floating nightstands
* Find new curtain fabric
* Figure out some type of artwork-somethingish for above the bed
* Decorate top of dresser
* Find sitting chair
* Find storage cushion bench for under window
* Thrift another dresser & paint
* Hang instruments on dresser wall
* Hunt down a black & white rug

Hope you enjoyed the little update! I'm thinking about doing a little video tour of our apartment soon. :) Thanks for sharing!!


20 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks so good! Normally, I'd be scared of paint that "loud", but it looks great with your covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. I love that purple pillow on the bed and the contrast between that and the walls.

    - Mandi
    www.ifeinbeta.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks SO good! :) I love that you painted your dresser silver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy WOW. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Your bedroom should seriously be featured in a magazine or a show about relaxing, beautiful bedrooms. :O You guys ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely! Love that green!
    -m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done, wow. Great color, and very nice decision with the dresser! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice! i'd love to know where the owl pillow is from :) i have been looking for one and it is so perfect. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your room, but I going to get that same owl pillow:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it... i love the contrast between the green wall and the purple pillow it just pefect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like your bedroom was taken straight out of an Urban Outfitters catalog. Jealous! My husband and I will begin our nesting process soon! We've got some hardwoods to put down first :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous14.7.11

    lovely, especially the nightlamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your floating night stands and sweet owl pillow rocks my socks!

    ♥ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!
    I just found you through Jello! LOVE your blog. That green color on the wall is fantastic!

    Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color you chose for the wall and I really love that dresser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I must say I love the letters above your bed! I'm saving letters for my home for a while now and it's so much fun to look out for them...

    ReplyDelete
  16. that silver dresser is amaaazing! :) Inspired. Also, diggin' the UO duvet, I almost got the same one!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally just fell in love with your bedroom! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that Urban Outfitter's bedding! Looks lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration. Could you please come redo mine now?!

    http://www.allgussiedup.com

    ReplyDelete