Friday, July 15, 2011

I Like that Tune: First Aid Kit

 Music has always been a huge part of my life, from dancing around the house to Tom Petty as a child, growing up with classic rock as important part of our household, learning how to play my first instrument, seeing my siblings excel in music, and living for those moments when I find a (new to me) band and get swept away in their melody...

I certainly don't proclaim to be a music expert by any means, but I have a GIGANTIC love for it and would love to share some of my most favorite musicians with you here and there. :)

I'd like to introduce my first favorite tunes feature: First Aid Kit


Sisters Johanna and Klara make up the acoustic folk band, First Aid Kit. They are INCREDIBLE live and have absolutely beautiful voices, especially when they're harmonizing together. There's always something special about siblings harmonizing musically. In my opinion, it's pretty much magic. :) The following are a couple of my most favorite songs by Johanna and Klara:

Tiger Mountain Peasant Song (Cover)

I Met Up With the King

Ghost Town

What bands are currently on your most played list?

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this! I discovered them a few years back and fell in love. People definitely need to know about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been in love with First Aid Kit for sometime!! They are lovely! They are one of my top faves..along with emily Haines, Emily Wells ( LOVE!), and right now, i am listening to Sea of Bees.
    -m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. my sister loves First Aid Kit. They are starting to grow on me too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good pick! Have you listened to Smoke Fairies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore them!!! So talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you seen the video for Hard Believer? Amaze. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic voices! Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of First Aid Kit, but their voices are amazing!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete