Friday, July 29, 2011

Beauty Column - Lollipop Chevron

I try to paint my nails once a week. This habit lets me take a little time to cozy up to a favorite show and do something simple to take a break from everything. :) I've been playing around with some fun color combinations lately and wanted to share my latest (and easy!) DIY:


Step One: Paint your nails with two coats of Essie Lollipop or another favorite red of your choice. I love this color because it's not too dark and has a touch of candy coloring. Let Dry.

Step Two: Once your first coat is dry, take your glitzy gold polish, making sure there isn't too much polish on the brush, and carefully hand-paint chevrons in the middle of your nails. Once dry, you might want to put another coat on the chevrons to make them really stand out.

That's all! Two easy steps. Try mixing and matching your favorite colors and metallics to make it just how you like. :)

* Essie - Lollipop purchased at Target $7.50 and Orly - Glitz purchased at ULTA Beauty Supply $3.50


Time to take some time for yourself and get painting! -- Oh! and if you want another cute nail DIY, try these adorable triangles by The Dainty Squid. 


PS - The winner of the Doe, A Deer shop credit giveaway is #23 - Kerstin!! Congratulations! Please email me at MaieDae@gmail.com and I'll connect you with Alejandra so you can pick out your goodie from her shop. :)

14 comments:

  1. Love this! Great color choice.

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Love that! Thanks for sharing, I want to try that on my nails now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fabulous! Haven't painted my nails in awhile too so I definitely got some inspiration. :)

    forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colour choice :) Great idea!
    nadiine-x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you and Kaylah are PWNING with nail polish and nail art lately!!! I must try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dangit, I was hoping there was going to be some sort of method to the madness of drawing the chevrons because there is no way I would be able to handpaint symmetrical chevrons with my left hand haha. Cute, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color combo! Everyone is getting into the chevron design lately. Now I want to jump on board!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm impressed! they turned out super well. love the color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!
    You must have a steady hand cause it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! I've recently become obsessed with painting my nails...I never used to do it all! I will definitely give this a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! that's so adorable. i've seen a lot of nailpolish ideas lately, but this one is at the top of my list!

    oh, and i also have that shirt ;) it's one of my faves at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to try this soon!

    hushandbreathe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8.8.11

    This is awesome, can't wait to do it!

    ReplyDelete