This DIY is sentimental to me, because I used to make this recipe as gifts when I was in high-school. I always had so much fun crushing peppermints and decorating the jars to give out to my friends and family. This DIY is pretty cost efficient and you can make a beautiful gift for several people if you buy the ingredients in bulk. Want to add a little something more to your homemade peppermint cocoa gift? Purchase a cute mug to go along with your gift, or find mason jars with handles so it can be used as a mug!
P E P P E R M I N T C O C O A M I X D I Y
S U P P L I E S N E E D E D:
For the Mix
1. Pint sized mason jar.
2. 1/2 cup of powdered coffee creamer.
3. 1/3 cup of sugar with a few drops of red food coloring.
4. 1/4 cup hard peppermint candy discs, crushed.
5. Circle of heavy paper.
6. 1/3 cup of powdered sugar.
7. 1/2 cup chocolate flavored drink mix (like Quik).
8. 1/2 cup of dry milk.
For Decorating the Jar
1. Tag for jar. This is where you will write the directions for the cocoa.
2. Yarn, baker's twine or twine.
3. Fabrics and ribbon.
D I Y S T E P S:
1. Place above ingredients in jar in the order they are listed. Place a circle of heavy paper (or wax paper) on top of the crushed peppermints to prevent powdered sugar from sifting down.
2. Decorate your jar with fabric and ribbon.
3. Attach the following cocoa directions:
1. Empty cocoa mix into a large mixing bowl. Remove & discard paper circle.
2. Blend mix with a wisk.
3. Place mix back into jar.
4. Get your favorite mug, heat up some milk and mix in your cocoa!
This cocoa is seriously yummy, especially with extra whipped cream!