For today, I have a fantastic decorative bottle DIY that gives you something to do with those glass bottles lying around your house. I started collecting bottles a couple months ago with no particular reason in mind and we decided to put them to good use during the holidays! These can become candle holders, vases for your favorite real or fake flowers, or just let it stand alone! I think they look beautiful clustered together for a centerpiece or on a mantel. :)
D E C O R A T I V E B O T T L E D I Y
S U P P L I E S N E E D E D:
1. Paint brushes.
2. Painters tape.
3. Martha Stewart Glitter paint for multi-purpose surfaces.
4. White and gold spray paint.
5. Glass bottles.
D I Y S T E P S:
Solid Glass Bottles
1. On newspaper carefully spray paint the outside of the bottle.
2. Let dry.
Gold Striped Bottle
1. Put painters tape around the middle of your bottle.
2. Use gold spray paint to paint the remainder of the bottle.
3. Let dry and then peal off tape.
1. With a paint brush use the glitter paint and paint all around the bottle.
2. Let dry and apply another coat or two.
After you're done, place holly branches, flowers, tea lights inside...anything to fancy them up. :)
Have you entered the Holiday DIY Party giveaways yet?? We are giving away a copy of Design*Sponge at Home here and a lot of holiday Martha Stewart crafts here! We have more giveaways coming your way throughout the week, so stay tuned. :)
A happy almost Friday to you!