T E C H C O Z Y D I Y
S U P P L I E S N E E D E D:
1. Felt. I purchased mine from Giant Dwarf.
2. Sewing machine.
3. Buttons and other items to decorate your cozy with.
4. Embroidery thread for decorating.
5. Lace, ribbon or rik-rak for decorating.
D I Y S T E P S:
1. Place your device on a piece of felt. I kept the case on mine so it would fit inside the cozy, with the case included.
2. Cut two pieces of felt one inch out from the device (as pictured above).
3. Sew two pieces together 1/4-1/2 of an inch in from the edges, keeping one side open. (To add lace or ribbon to the front side, sandwich lace in-between two pieces of felt, at your desired position, and then perform step 3.)
5. Trim the extra felt from the sewn edges and turn right side out.
6. Put your device in to make sure it fits right and see if you need to make any adjustments.
7. Remove device and fold open edge down, pinning as you go along.
8. Sew folded edge 1/4inch from the top to finish off the opening.
9. If you used ribbon or lace, use a hot glue gun or hand stitch the middle portion to secure it to the middle.
10. Use buttons, embroidery thread, and other decorative items to make it your own!
I love how cute these turned out! AND I'm dying over that giant gold rik-rak. I'm thinking about using it for some other projects soon. :)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Be back tomorrow with another DIY and giveaway #3!!