Wednesday, January 18, 2012

THREADS 1.18.12

This past weekend, I finished reading "The No Brainer Wardrobe" e-book by Hayley Morgan. It was a quick and definitely a perspective-changing read. Hayley's book explains how to shop intentionally for your closet, purge your current wardrobe, build your wardrobe up over time with pieces you feel great in and how to create a lookbook to keep you inspired. Her steps are extremely practical and helpful. I'm currently in the "purging" phase and trying to figure out what pieces I need to add.

If there's anything about my personal style I know, it's that I love layering and mixing texture and pattern. I especially love pieces with a unique touch.

This outfit is one of my favorites for three reasons:
>>> 1. I can't stop wearing these fancy black blowfish booties. I love how edgy, seriously comfortable and easy to wear they are.
>>> 2. I'm wearing my new prescription sunglasses from Warby Parker. This is a big deal for me, because it's the first time I've been able to wear sunglasses...and actually see! I don't wear contacts so I'm strictly a glasses girl. I. LOVE. THESE. Best thing ever to drive down the sunny road and not have tears streaming down my face from the brightness.
>>> 3. This jacket goes with everything, and has the best pockets.


TOP -----> BOTTOM
* Everett Prescription Sunglasses: Warby Parker - Call to order their sunglasses as a prescription. 
* Tweed Jacket: Urban Outfitters  
* Zig-Zag Dress: Forever21
* Brown Braided Belt: Grandma's 
* Coyote Ring: Buffalo Exchange    
* Satin Leggings: Express
* Rust Thigh-Highs: Urban Outfitters 
* Camera Bag//Purse: JoTotes 
* Hanakis Booties: c/o Blowfish Shoes

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! Tonight is date-night, so I'm looking forward to starting the first week of Jon and I's special date-night calendar. DIY post coming later this week!

PS - Some of you have mentioned checking out the "No Brainer Wardrobe" e-book...you TOTALLY should. It's only 7.99, an easy read (I read it in one sitting) and has very helpful//practical action items and tips. :) 

27 comments:

  1. oh my goodness...that dress...is adorable!!!
    and it look´s so good on you!!!

    have a great great wednesday!

    liebgruss
    eni

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is adorable! and your ring?! i die! looking forward to reading hayley's book myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really been wondering about getting that book! I need some serious help in my wardrobe...I just want to feel really good every day I leave the house...I think that is so important for all ladies. You look absolutely smashing...I am in love with that dress! :) -Lo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love everything about this! the pattern of the dress, the boots, the coat, the blue bag!! so pretty.
    i think i'll have to check out that book. seems like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savannah - you are just too cute! love your outfit girl, and you're hair is looking so good!

    xx Ashleigh
    www.ashflynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet!! -- PS, you should definitely come to the pinterest party in February if you are able to make it! (invited you via fb) I'd love to have you there!

      Delete
  6. I sympathise with your plight, I really should get some prescription sunglasses! I love your chevron dress :) The ebook sounds really good, I'm going to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfit, and I love wearing leyers too <3
    It´s so hard to find comfy and at the same time stylish shoes around here... I really need a pair.

    Have an awesome day(:

    Carmila Ponycat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous18.1.12

    You are adorable. Also, I am coveting red hair right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy crap that dress is amaaaaaazing! Especially with that bag, loves!

    XO Lor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit - and great sunnies! I hope to get my first Rx Warby sunglasses this year as well. You also have the cutest hair! We have similar color, so I may have to bookmark this for my next cut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous18.1.12

    <3 chevron:)
    http://fancycuteness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit. And you're so cute

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT outfit, miss! You look so cute. Also, Hanaki boots! /sigh I love them so much. I must add them to my shoe collection! <3

    P.S. That book sounds like JUST what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous18.1.12

    Thanks so much for referencing the book...it is awesome!

    I often look at stylish folks strutting down the street and bemoan my own lack of fashion sense. The book helped me take a realistic look at what is best for me and revel in the fact that I do have style...I just needed to be better organized and not intimidated by clothing. Whew!

    Jen

    http://makesomerumi.blogspot.com/2012/01/giveaway-is-here.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it was helpful for you!! The concepts are simple but it is SO, so helpful. :D

      Delete
  15. Has anyone ever told you that you like Becky Filip from The Honey Trees? Because you do. Gorgeous, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one has....BUT, Thank you!!! I think she's too adorable. :)

      Delete
  16. you're the cutest ever. i heart u

    ReplyDelete
  17. so jealous of that jo totes camera bag!

    such a cute outfit & i love those sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable outfit! I purchased, loved and desperately needed that ebook! I think I linked to it from your resolution post, so thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the outfit! especially that dress!! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. you look amazing. i think this is my favourite look of yours. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. loving that dress! forever 21 really? I thought it was really some vintage find! had i seen it in the store I probably wouldn't have thought zig zags would be flattering, but apparently they are!! so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That dress is awesome! And I am also loving your hair :)

    ReplyDelete