It's been a long week! Last Saturday, while Jon and I were on our marriage retreat, I started feeling the "uh-oh-i'm-getting-sick" feeling. I was out with a weird cold//flu thing and missed my flight to Orlando on Tuesday morning. With the help of some airborne, meds, and lots of water, I was able to reschedule my flight for Wednesday afternoon in good traveling health. As mentioned in this post, I've been out of town working on production for the Chick-fil-A Operators Seminar. This year, it's huge! We've been going through technical and talent rehearsals all-day since Thursday. As a matter-o'-fact, I'm sitting in "video village" right now, which is a giant dark room FULL of equipment, computers, and wires galore. I'm wearing a headset, looking at a huge monitor, and on stand-by to create//edit any graphics needed.
It's been a lot of fun, and it's been beyond amazing to come to a cozy hotel room every night and rest. I've been catching up on Once Upon a Time, so I've enjoyed my quiet alone time at night. :)
Tonight starts the kickoff of the seminar! We are opening with a HUGE red-carpet style awards show. It's going to be the longest working day yet, but I'm ready to get the show on the road and see a year's worth of planning all come together.
On another note, I sure am missing Jon. I can't wait to see him on Wednesday. :)
Snapshot of the Week: Morning view from my hotel room.
* Our Wedding by Bleubird
* DIY Gold Horses by With an I.E.
* DIY Sugar Lip Scrub by Honestly...WTF
* Souvenir Foto School: H is for Honey by Creature Comforts
* Design Tips: Bad Design Makes Good Design by Tabitha Emma
Favorite Blog of the Week:
* Creature Comforts -- I love looking at her Foto School challenge shots and her blog has such a beautiful and clean design.
Inspiring Me This Week:
* My Style File Board on Pinterest -- Can't wait to start dressing for warmer weather!
3 Things About Yours Truly:
* When I sleep alone in a hotel room, I always keep the TV on for a little extra light. My channel of choice would be HGTV.
* When I was little, I had a baby blanket I named "Dee-Dee".
* I've seen every episode of "Full House".
Hope your weekend has been wonderful!