Sunday, May 19, 2013

WEEKLY WRAP-UP

This weekend I promised myself I wouldn't have any plans. Sometimes it's needed and so refreshing to just wake up and go about your day however you see fit. I convinced Jonathon to join me on Saturday and by the end of the day he said he felt so relaxed and had the best time. I know I can get caught up in the "what's the plan" and "what are we doing today" mindset, but I love the moments when I remember to stop and just enjoy the day. Jon and I made a promise to ourselves that we would have WAY more of these days throughout the rest of the year. :)

Today, Jenny, Leah, and Kate are coming over to work on some projects for the Maiedae Mixer. It's nearly here and I can't believe it!! It's been so fun putting this event together and I can't wait to see everyone there and our vision come to life!

Snapshot(s) of the Week: 1// Spent some nights this past week reading, watching shows and journaling on the couch. 2// Special date night at a "new to us" restaurant in Atlanta called El Taco. SO yummy! 3// Bath-time! 4// Took a little walk break on Saturday. Also loving this bright red polish!


5 Favorite Posts:
* 8 Ways to be Insta-Awesome on Instagram by IFB
* Drugstore Make-Up Starter Kit by Essiebutton
* Hey. You. by Skunkboy Creatures
* Avocado Face Mask by Sincerely Kinsey
* American Blogger by Casey Wiegand

Blog Blog/Site of the Week:
* Selective Potential - Love Tieka and her style posts!! Recently we got the opportunity to re-design her blog and it was such a pleasure working with her. I love the variety in her style posts. :)

Inspiring Me this Week:
* The big thing on my mind this week has been the Mixer! We've been working so hard and I'm anxious and excited for it to be here on June 1st! I can't wait to see the space decorated and everyone there!!

3 Things About Yours Truly:
* My favorite things to do on a pamper night include painting my nails and toe nails, taking a bath, putting on a face mask, wearing my most comfortable PJs, and winding down to a good read.
* I've somehow managed to keep my house clean for going on 2 weeks!
* Last night, Jon and I cooked homemade chicken fried rice for the first time and it turned out really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment