Friday, November 12, 2010

101 Reasons to Buy Handmade

I found this amazing list called, "101 Reasons to Buy Handmade" on Poppytalk's blog. The handmade culture is just beautiful. I love seeing people use their talents and skills to make unique items. Every time I have ever bought or received a handmade item, it always felt like it carried more heart and thoughtfulness. Also, supporting crafters in their art is an honor and great feeling that I hope to continue to do for years and years to come! So, before I make a call to action, check out the following link:


And now, I am sure most of you have already done this...and if not, here is your opportunity! Buyhandmade.org has put together a handmade pledge:


Take the handmade pledge and support the craft culture! Give your loved ones a little somethin' extra special for Christmas this year. *wink*

Three cheers for handmade! Hip-Hip HOORAY! Hip-Hip HOORAY! Hip-Hip HOORAY! You can also go ahead and add on three more cheers because it is FRIDAY! 

If you have a handmade shop that you would like to share, comment and link up to your site! 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE handmade gifts!!! If I may suggest a handmade gift that I did with some bottlecaps that we procured from my wedding reception...

    http://tunesandspoons.blogspot.com/2010/09/bottle-cap-magnets-grlz-wknd-part-2.html

    It was so fun to do. I love crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love the new look!! you are way talented, missy. happy friday!!!

    ReplyDelete