Tuesday, January 03, 2012

INSPIRATION FOR YOUR NEST: UPGRADE YOUR DINNERWARE

I love being able to take simple and inexpensive pieces, put a little creatively into it, and make it into something new and completely unique! For this week's Inspiration for your Nest, I've collected a series of easy DIY dinnerware inspiration for you to get creative with your plain pieces. These ideas make perfect wedding//home-warming gifts. Thrift some plain glassware or white porcelain pieces from your local thrift store and let the creativity begin!

Photo Sources: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

In early December, Jenny and I decided to start an every-other-month "Pinterest Party" get-together for local ladies in the Atlanta area to build community and get crafty. :) Our first project was decorating white porcelain pieces with porcelain paint. They all turned out super cute! I highly recommend using "Pebeo" porcelain paint. You can find it at Michael's and most craft supply stores. (Photo source #3 has great tips on using porcelain paint!) To get the full directions and step-by-step process, click on the photo source links above to be taken to the original DIYs and inspiration posts!


11 comments:

  1. these are some neat ideas. also: SHARPIE MAKES OIL PAINT PENS?!?! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I really love the glass etching idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun!! I love the mug! I'm totally going to hunt for oil paint pens!! Thanks for adding to my massive DIY to do list :) xx Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome ideas! I already have plans to make some chevron mugs!!!! SO exciting! Love the idea of painting bright colors on silverware too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your new site design Savannah! I think i'm going to file some of these ideas away for this winter. Like the chalkboard paint...I'm thinking either painting on jars or go big and paint a wall, we'll see :) Such great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4.1.12

    I have an old blue teapot that I've wanted to spruce up...and now I've got some great ideas! Thanks! :D

    Happy New Year!

    Jen

    http://makesomerumi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Especially the flatware. So genius.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these projects all look both lovely and useful. i wish i trusted myself to do some freehand but i'll have to invest in some stencils, i suppose. ;)

    chrissy
    http://www.mydearwatsonblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. your blog and shop are gorgeous. i found you through the pie-n-the-sky blog. can't wait to snoop around your site a bit. thanks for all the gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I've never heard of porcelain paint. So many ideas popped up in my head already!

    ReplyDelete