Saturday, March 31, 2012

ADVENTURES IN THRIFT-TIQUING - PART 3

This is the third month of my "thrift-tiquing" challenge. I made a goal to go thrifting or antiquing once a month and purchase some special pieces for my home. In the past, I've been super bad about taking the time to do this and would go to a thrift store or antique store maybe 3-4 times per year. I live in Atlanta and there are SO MANY amazing places to go. I definitely needed to start taking advantage of the surplus of shops in my area.

On top of this monthly challenge, I've set a type of "rule" to visit a new antique or thrift shop each month instead of visiting the same place over and over again. This has been such a neat experience so far, because I've been able to discover some real treasures and explore some unique places close to where I live. :)

This morning, Jon and I ran some errands and we decided to try out some new antique shops in downtown Tucker before picking up a couple groceries for dinner. We found this way cute downtown area with unique shops, restaurants, and two antique shops right next to each other. The first one we went into was very small and had a small selection, the second was a little bigger and that's where I scored one of my favorite finds to date!


Meet the my new Crosley record//radio//tape//cd player. This thing is a beauty! And I got it for a great deal! It works perfectly and sounds great, plus the little lights that come on behind the glass...so awesome. I'm in love...and so is Kyo! What a great little model he is. ;) Fun Facts: Crosley was founded in 1920 by Powel Crosley. Crosley was known for pioneering radio broadcasting around the world. The above is a replica reminiscent of the old Crosley turntables. 


I think this is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to do every month. :) Score any good thrift//antique finds recently?? 

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!! -- Oh! And if you are still looking for somewhere to advertise your business or blog for April, I'm still accepting sponsors!! AND I have my large solo feature still available, it usually runs for $50 per month, but it's on sale now for $40. Email leah@maiedae.com if you're interested!


9 comments:

  1. Did you name your kitty Kyo because of Fruits Basket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I totally did! -- He has a similar personality too. ;)

      Delete
  2. Those are awesome! I totally wanna go thrifting now :)

    Georgia
    http://swonderfulgd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so cool! It looks nice on your self/table and matches well with your kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that radio! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the same one! lol We didn't thrift it though. (We got it from Tarjay.) I love being able to listen to records, cds, and our ipods on one device.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it savannah! i wish u were close and we'd go thrifting together

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the same Crosley as a gift for Christmas and love it! I love that you use a crate to store your albums next to it. I have been trying to find a cute way to store mine close by

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10.4.12

    Such a great find! My aunt is coming to Pennsylvania to go antiquing in Lancaster county this weekend, and I've got to tell you... I'm nervous/excited about the prospect of going with her. I'm sure there's so much awesome stuff out there, now the question is how not to want to buy it all :)

    ReplyDelete