Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'M A PAPER DOLL!

A couple weeks ago, I commissioned Jordan Grace to make custom paper dolls of Jon and me to start my collection of custom portraits for our home. I have been in love with Jordan's work since I first met her last September. You might have seen my post about her here or here!

Yesterday, I received my package and was completely amazed and excited about her work. Her packaging was so put together and the little dolls represent Jon and me perfectly! They are so, so cute!! I love the dainty little details. :)

 
 
 

I'm planning to put these in a shadow box and hang them up in our new home when we move in August. :) Have you ever gotten a custom piece done? What are some of your favorite artists?? I'd love to hear your thoughts and add to my new collection!



14 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE with these! Such a cute couple idea!! I am new to your blog and I'm so glad I found it! I invite you to check out mine! =) Have a great week!!

    www.20stampslater.blogspot.com
    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeep!! You are so cute as a paper doll!!! I have a custom portrait from Love, Elycia that is SO cute!! She is so talented + a joy to work with!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so, so CUTE!!! Oh my word! Also, I highly recommend Nearsighted Owl - aka - Rachele! She's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are too adorable! I've always loved paper dolls & would love to get some for us. Maybe I will ask for the as a gift for my anniversary or birthday. Thanks for getting me to think about custom designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if you're looking for an artist for portraits, I'd recommend Kelsey-Garrity Riley. I love her artwork! I don't know if she does commission though but you could try. Far as I know, she lives in Savannah, Georgia. By the way, lovely paperdolls! If I were you, I'd make a mock video clip with it coz they are just plain whimsical ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! I want some of my dogs :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous29.3.12

    These are amazing!! What a unique way of having portraits done =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I LOVE this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my word! These are so cute. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredibly adorable! :) I love the shadow box idea. Rachele of Nearsighted Owl did a portrait for me and I love it. I feel sort of hooked on personal art because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute!!! this is amazing... :)

    georgia
    http://swonderfulgd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6.4.12

    I love those paper dolls! You should check out Ashley G and Drew's custom portraits; I had one done of me and my husband for our one-year anniversary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashleyg/4529049042/in/set-72157617059744264

    She was a joy to work with, and I love her work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10.4.12

    I love this idea!! Custom portraits, these look incredible! I love the detail! And the rosy red cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! These are amazing.

    ReplyDelete