Sunday, April 15, 2012

WEEKLY WRAP-UP

Made big changes this week. On Thursday, I met with my new personal trainer//nutritionist. We talked about my health, eating habits, and she helped me put together a new work-out routine and nutrition plan. To be real, I've never been very motivated to eat healthy and exercise. I just always had a high metabolism and ate what I wanted...and maybe every once in a while did some form of exercise. This year, I've been thinking a lot about my health, what I put into my body, and how I treat myself. After writing my post on 7 Tips to Feeling Your Best I discovered that this was an area I was seriously lacking in.

I had to come to a realization that I want to live a long and healthy life. I want to be energetic and alive for my husband. I want to have a fit body to carry a little-one one day...and I want to keep up with my future family. So, I'm doing this for me, my husband, and my future family. It's really clicked, I've made up my mind. And I'm gonna do this! I've been living my new lifestyle since Thursday, and I'm definitely learning how to adjust to my new eating habits and exercise. Haha, in some ways I've felt like I've been mourning the loss of all of the delicious processed foods and horrible things for me. So it's been a little emotional, in a weird way...has anyone ever felt like that??? But I'm seriously excited and ready to do this. I'll be sure to give you little updates on how I'm doing with this new change!

Snapshot(s) of the Week: 1// Pretty little mini forests from the vintage show I went to yesterday. 2// Soy latte from San Fransisco Coffee Co., best Friday work day with my Emily friend. :) 3// Went to the Dekalb Farmers Market yesterday with Glenn and Kate. So awesome!! 4// New shoes!
5// Working on a logo for a fun client. 6// Reflection picture from Easter. -- Follow more of my pictures via Instagram! Username: Maiedae. :)

5 Favorite Posts this Week:
* A Simple & Personal Art Installation by Promise Tangeman
* Oh My Mama - Conceptual Photoshoot by Voilet Bella
* Arrow Photoshop Brushes by Creature Comforts
* Nail & Yarn Wall Art by Jen Loves Kev
* How to Make Amazing Rollover Nav Bars by Tabitha Emma

Favorite Blog of the Week:
* Madalynne - Madalynne recently introduced herself to me and I decided to take a look around her blog, I immediately fell in love with her writing style and beautiful posts. Fabulous.

Inspiring Me This Week:
* 50 Online Tools to Better Your Blog - Super awesome and helpful resources. 

3 Things About Yours Truly:
* I want to be more adventurous.
* So READY to move into our townhouse in August! Current upstairs neighbors are screaming banshees and jump from their furniture.
* Currently listening to: The Girl by City & Colour



5 comments:

  1. Anonymous15.4.12

    I have been starting to create healthier habits with eating and exercising in the last few weeks too. 30 is approaching fast for me and we also want to get ready to start a family soon-ish. I know what you mean by feeling kinda emotional about letting go of bad habits. Can't wait to hear more about how it goes for you!
    As always, I really enjoyed your links as well, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an awesome step you won't regret. Soon you will look back on the processed foods and wonder why you ever ate them, they just won't taste good anymore! I did the same thing about two years ago and kick myself for not doing it sooner. Good luck!

    Also thanks for the 50 online tips link, my budding little blog and I could sure use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! i have those boots. they are amazing, right?!

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pics! those mini forests are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Choice of Music! LOVE City and Colour!! Have A Great Week!

    ReplyDelete