Friday, May 13, 2011

Regional Dialect: Vlog

It's a Small World - Atlanta, GA
For those of you who aren't familiar, the Regional Dialect Meme is an exercise for bloggers to participate in and share with their readers how they say certain words and phrases. :) I have SO loved watching these on some of the blogs I frequently peruse and think it's really interesting to see how different people say different words and phrases.

Video Disclaimer: I fidget a lot, I like to play with my rings and open and close my locket. And if you can't tel,l I'm trying not to get too side-tracked. :)


Regional Dialect from Savannah Wallace on Vimeo.

I like how I mentioned that I try not to say "y'all" but then I successfully close the video with a good ol' "y'all" phrase. If you live in these parts, it's hard not to!

Play along!

Say these words:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

Answer these questions:
* What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
* What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
* What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
* What do you call gym shoes?
* What do you say to address a group of people?
* What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
* What do you call your grandparents?
* What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
* What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
* What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

7 comments:

  1. This was fun, its funny I had the similar answers, I guess because we both grew up in Seattle and then moved to the South we still have a little bit of Northern influence mixed with southern phrases and twang. :) PS Kaito looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks SO cute in this video!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12.5.11

    I busted out laughing when you answered the question about the rain falling while the sun is shining. I grew up in north georgia for the majority of my life, so I know the north georgian answer is... "the devil's beatin' his wife."

    Don't ask me why, but that's your answer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are srsly SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Due to issues with Blogger -- your comments have been deleted, so if you don't see your comment that's why. So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your video has been one of my favorites so far!! This video was really fun for me to do too, and yours reminded me of home. (I'm originally from decatur!!)
    xo
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous23.5.11

    You're too cute for words.
    Just found out about your blog through Ashley (That is all) and you can be sure I'll be back!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete