Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Threads: 5.11.11

"Threads is a frequent feature all about affordability, comfort, and versatility while still capturing your sense of personal style. For more details behind Threads, click here!"

This outfit was for a day full of shopping and catch-up with my bestie Anica who's home for a short while from Texas. I've missed her sooo much. It's been four very long months! We did some treasure hunting at the local thrift store, caught the "frappy hour", at Starbucks and window shopped at Perimeter mall.

This outfit was one of my favorites this week -- I used one of my light weather scarfs to make a fun turban hat since I wasn't having the best hair day and mixed it with some seventies inspired colors and good walkin shoes! I used to be really stuck on blacks, greys, and blues -- so evolving those colors since last year has been so fun to experiment with:







Top - Bottom (pricing is approximate)
* Scarf used as Turban: Target - $15.00
* Sunglasses (my new favs!): Urban Outfitters - $10.00
* Olive Cardigan: Target - $9.89
* Cream Flowy Shirt: Thrifted - $4.50
* Skinny Jeans: Forever 21 - $13.00
* Brown Ankle Oxfords: Forever 21 - $25.00
* Oval Fauceted Ring: Forever 21 - Gifted
* Feather Ring: Urban Outfitters - $4.99

Approximate Outfit Total (including accessories) = 82.38

16 comments:

  1. love the turban - so perfect for this season!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute - I absolutely love the turban and the jewelry. And your nails. And all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the colors and pattern on your pretty turban!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10.5.11

    I agree with kelly ann! SOOO cute <3 Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute outfit! I love the first picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. why are you so damn cute?!?!
    ~Andrea @ http://hecallsmewifey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore this outfit! Also, that feather ring is awesome! *want*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love.

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are seriously so beautiful. Love the tuban! You have so inspired me to go buy one and try out a turban!

    <3 Janelle
    www.photography4thecreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant! I love the turban and your nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an adorable look and I love your hair and chosen accessories! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that I got to be a part of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your shoes and your cardi! You are so cute. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11.5.11

    i think that blouse looks wonderfully crisp on you and your jewelry is unspeakable perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love everything about this look, especially the turban and sunglasses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,

    I found your post on Pinterest just today, and am in love with your nail polish. Can you do a beauty post or include just a few details about the colors? Thank you!

    Jenny
    http://goldnturquoise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete