Saturday, August 13, 2011

Newest Member of the Wallace Clan

Sorry it's been a little quiet around here! I just got back from a conference in Chicago for my job. It was an extremely inspiring conference...I feel refreshed, excited, and ready to get back into the swing of things! Since I haven't blogged in a little while, I have a lot to catch up on! -- But first things first, I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our little family, Kyo!


Jonathon and I had no intention of adopting another pet anytime soon, especially while we still live in an apartment...We'd brought it up, here and there, because we want our little Kaito to have a buddy to hang out with while we're gone at work during the day...So, that brings us to last weekend...

Jonathon and I went on a little road trip with my in-laws to Fort Mill, SC, to attend his sister's wedding shower. While we were there, just before gift opening time...Jon's Aunt mentioned she was looking for a home for a small cat. Come to find out, the kitten was on a timeline with the shelter to be put down and Jon's Aunt was trying to see if she could find a home for him sooner...How could you put this little cutie down?


Within a matter of 5 minutes, Jon and I decided we would give it a try and adopt the little stinker and give Kaito a new baby brother. We knew pretty quickly we wanted to name him Kyo and keep with the Japanese cat name tradition we've already established. ;) -- The next morning, Jon's Aunt dropped off little Kyo and he very vocally (meowed his little head off) took a four hour car drive from Fort Mill to his new home in Atlanta.


What does Kaito think of his new brother?? Well, at first we could tell Kaito was pretty annoyed and irritated that all he got from Fort Mill was a new brother, but over the past week-ish, they've come to get used to each other. And I think they're in the middle of trying to establish the cat hierarchy in the household. Kaito seems to be winning, but Kyo WILL NOT give up; he's extremely stubborn.

It's funny to have a house full of boys now...I feel like I have two children and I'm trying to make sure they love each other and get along well...Oh my word...I'm a cat lady...


No, but seriously, it's been a real joy for Jon and I to have two little ones to care for and call our own. It also keeps the baby fever at bay. ;)

Glad you got to meet the new little one! -- Here's to hoping the boys like each other enough soon to snuggle together. :)


13 comments:

  1. Anonymous13.8.11

    He's so lovely! Not surprised he stole your heart =) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those little, pink paws.

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! So sweet. I absolutely love animals.

    xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww how precious!! I can't wait till I finally get to own a kitty. Unfortunately, college dorms have the most ridiculous rules ever - to not own pets. Sigh. haha

    forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so cute. i love his paws.

    http://breatheandhush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw! That's wonderful you adopted him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's precious! If you ever need more help with that baby fever you're welcome to borrow my twins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww he is soo sweet! ahh i wish my tim was a kitten again (^_^)

    thankyou for sharing!

    Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and I think it is lovely ♥

    I may have squealed a little at these photos. Oh my gosh... those big ears! That little nose! He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is he?! I love the name you guys picked out!

    ReplyDelete