Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Fancy Shmancy: Camera Edition

I certainly don't consider myself a professional photographer...at all! During college, I took my first photography class and started my first photography challenge, Project 365. I had a blast experimenting with photography and really grew to love it. Even though I shoot photos here and there for friends and family, I really just love to photograph for myself and learn how to capture my life and special memories in a really beautiful way. I recently purchased my first DSLR (Canon T3i) and I've fallen head over hills for the picture quality and fast shutter speed! I'm hoping to take a lot of time in 2012 to really challenge my photography skills and learn new things. I'm even planning to start a brand new photo challenge in January!

For this week's Fancy Shmancy, I wanted to share some amazing photography related products! I think I'll put a few of these on my Christmas wish list!


1. Wide Angle & Macro Lens Adaptor - I think this is way cool! I've been looking for a wide-angle lens lately and I love how this has an option of also being a macro lens. Photojojo.com is seriously an amazing resource for really unique camera gear and camera related gifts.

2. JoTotes Camera Bag - I bought myself a JoTotes camera bag several months ago and I absolutely love it. It's really durable and I use it for everything. 

3. The Impossible Project - UO is now selling Polaroid cameras and film via The Impossible Project for a limited time. For all you camera fanatics out there, this is a perfect Christmas gift! 

4. Vintage Camera Bags - Amy of A is for Ampersand has an adorable shop where she converts vintage bag into customized camera totes. Bonus: She lets you pick your insert material for a huge (and adorable) selection of beautiful fabrics.

5. Dreamy Diana Lens - Love the nostalga of a film camera, but hate the expense? This Diana lens fits on your DSLR and produces a similar effect of our beloved Diana cameras. 

6. Radlab - I'm not even kidding...I'm experimenting with the trial version right now. Coolest photo editing tool I have ever used! If you have Photoshop or Lightroom, I HIGHLY suggest you download the free trial here

7. Photoshop Actions - I love a good set of actions. This is an easy way to apply edits to your pictures with a simple click. The Pioneer Woman has a beautiful set of photo actions on her site you can download for free! 

What are your favorite photography tips, tricks, or tools??

6 comments:

  1. ooo thanks for sharing all of these great finds.. especially the free photoshop actions.. awesome! i think my favorite "trick" right now is creating the illusion of a tilt shift in photoshop by blurring out certain planes of focus. funnn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1.11.11

    great photos.. :) love it.. :) irene wibowo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1.11.11

    will try.. :) irene wibowo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2.11.11

    OMG! I've been head over heels for the Diana lens and the wide angle adapter too! I just got a DSLR myself as well(Nikon D3000)and I have been totally addicted to it! Wishing you the best and I hope you're having as much fun as I am with my new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my T3i so much! You are going to fall more and more in love with yours every day! I tried a free trial of Rad Lab and it is AMAZING! I'm saving up to purchase it because it makes (the very tricky) Photo Shop so easy to use! Can't wait to see (and hopefully be a part of) your photo challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of the time I play with the layers and curves for my photos, but actions might be a great idea when I just wanna edit pictures fast. Amazing list!

    ReplyDelete