Thursday, November 17, 2011

Favorite Holiday Tradition?

Holiday traditions are my favorite type of traditions. I love this season and, since Jon and I have only been married for 1.5 years, we've been developing our own special traditions for our little family. One of my favorites so far is visiting Jon's extended family in Fort Mill for a huge Christmas gathering with delicious food and gifts. I also love our Christmas day tradition so far. Since we only live 30 minutes away from both of our parents, we spend Christmas Eve together, just Jon and I, and open the gifts for each other on Christmas Eve night. On Christmas morning, we drive really early over to my parents' house to open gifts with my younger siblings and have breakfast. After breakfast, we head over to Jon's parents for a second Christmas and lunch! I love seeing my family open their gifts and celebrate the joy of being together. I can't believe it's almost here!

This month, I asked my sponsors to share their favorite holiday tradition: 
Maria - BLOG // SHOP 
Tera - BLOG // SHOP
Sofia - BLOG // SHOP
Megan - BLOG // SHOP
Melisa - BLOG // SHOP
Jenny - BLOG // TWITTER
What is your favorite holiday tradition?? 

4 comments:

  1. Every year, usually the first week of dec, me and my family go to where the local drive in restaurant is during summer and a man from Michigan brings his Christmas trees there to sell. We pick one out and bring it home. Dad sets it up, puts on the lights and the angel and then me and sometimes my sister and mom decorate it with all of the ornaments that we got each year growing up. We've been doing this for years.

    Also every year we attend Christmas Eve service at our church and then come home and open our stockings and watch a good ol fashioned Christmas movie like A Christmas Story or It's A Wonderful Life. We have a lot of traditons around the holidays. I think I need to write my own blog post about them haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite tradition is very simple: it's getting to spend time with my awesome family! putting up the tree and decorating it, eating tons of good food and sweets, giving presents to each other at 6 pm sharp and just enjoy being together. oh and baking christmas cookies with my mom, using her moms recipes :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traditions are the best part of the holidays ... Love this post!
    My favorite tradition is after thanksgiving dinner which is spent at my grandmas we all help bring out the christmas decorations and make her house festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for including me savannah<3

    ReplyDelete