Monday, November 07, 2011

Threads 11.7.11

One of the highlights of my trip to Seattle was visiting the Fremont Market-- browsing the vintage and handmade goodies AND meeting the lovely Moorea of Moorea-Seal (pic here)! She was so down-to-earth and sweet. I love having the opportunity to meet women in person that I look up to and respect creatively, as business-women and in so many other facets. It so made my day and I felt like I was geeking out all over the place. :)

I definitely couldn't leave without purchasing a piece of her jewelry and I immediately fell in love with the falling astroid earrings. So glamorous with a hint of rockstar. Beautiful. And the pictures don't really do them justice, the gold is really vibrant and the pyrite has some really pretty shine and sparkle.


I'm also wearing a beautiful arrow necklace that Laura,of Roots & Feathers, made. I love her work so much too. She mentioned in this post the other day, while wearing some handmade jewelry from other artists that she admired, how honored she felt to be able to wear those pieces. I would have to say that I completely agree with her. I felt so blessed and honored to be able to wear these special pieces of artwork. You can just tell that so much heart and care went into making their jewelry and that they really love and value what they do. 

If you are looking for some holiday gift guide suggestions...I highly recommend Moorea-Seal & Roots & Feathers. :)

Top - Bottom (pricing is approximate)
* Faux Leather Jacket: Forever21 - $32.50
* Tribal Grey Sweater: Forever21 - $22.00
* Jeans: Forever21 - $12.50
* Knee Socks: Forever21 - $2.80
* Flats: Target - $20.00
* Falling Astroid Earrings: Moorea-Seal - $32.00
* Arrow Necklace: Roots & Feathers - Gifted
* Facetted Oval Ring: Forever21 - Gifted
* Coyote Ring: Buffalo Exchange - $8.00

SOMEone likes shopping at Forever21...
>>-------> Approximate Outfit Total (including accessories) = $129.80

Do you have a special piece of jewelry that was handmade and means a lot to you? What artists do you highly admire?

13 comments:

  1. you are soo cute! i LOVE your top and earrings and socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love what your wearing :)
    and love that necklace too!
    nadiine-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable. I love the socks with the flats and also your sweater is so cute. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. one, you are so adorable. two, i think moorea and i's jewelry go hand in hand, well yours too! i love wearing all of them together. so happy you two met.

    ive been eyeing those earrings in moorea's shop since she posted them, love love love. they look great on you.

    and i too have a simple addiction for forever 21. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are STUNNING! I love this outfit on you.

    <3LJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those earrings are so beautiful and it goes with your top just perfectly!! And that oval ring from F21 is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh, what a lovely sweater.
    you look perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Moorea! Her designs look great on you! And I love your jacket too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty savannah! and I agree I love Laura's work it's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How Gorg is your hair?! Love your style, your blog (the design makes me all smiley) and the name is so creative! So Happy I stumbled across you! Xo Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. That jacket and sweater came from Forever 21?! I need to go there!
    Love the jewelry you're wearing too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Seattle area, their style, their public parks, and their sculptures. I hope you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your hair! I have curly hair too, is it hard to maintain it in that shape when it is so short? I keep mine long for when I wear ponytails, but yours looks so good! Makes me wonder if I should maybe cut it a bit to try it short.

    ReplyDelete