This week, I wrapped up my first full week of working for Maiedae full-time! It's been such an adventure so far. I've been having a lot of conversations with my friend Leah, who also works for Maiedae and is a full-time author, about working for yourself full-time and finding a balance...especially if you are a difficult "boss" to yourself. ;) I've enjoyed the learnings so far and it's been fun to tweak things each day and week to really try and figure out what type of schedule will work best. The adventure continues tomorrow!
This was also a special weekend because a big group of us got to celebrate Leah at her first book signing! She has published two books since going full-time last May and has accomplished so much! We also held an "after-party" for her and had so much fun celebrating her success. I just LOVE seeing people chase after what they truly love and making things happen! :)
Snapshot(s) of the Week: 1// Bagel snack. We are a big fan of Everything bagels in the Wallace household. 2// I've been developing a huge thing for black and white photography lately. I think it's the contrast that I love so much. 3// Leah at Barnes and Noble during her book signing!! You go girl! 4// Went a little earring happy at Forever21.
4 Favorite Posts:
* Let's Talk About Emails... by Thriftary
* Benefit Cosmetics: Dream Jobs by Design Love Fest
* Peek Into My Space by Flashes of Style
* Welcome + Tickets Now on Sale! by The Maiedae Mixer
Inspiring Me This Week: Developing a balanced schedule for yourself during this time has been super inspiring to me. I really want to be able to take advantage of this new time I've been given back and time I spend working on Maiedae. If you have any good resources for scheduling and working for yourself full-time, I would love to hear them!
3 Things About Yours Truly:
* My favorite scents are coconut, peach, and cotton candy.
* When I was little I loved collecting pogs and Disney trading cards. My favorites were Pocahontas and Lion King!
* Jenny and I are so excited to be going to Alt Summit NYC this June!! It will be my first time visiting New York.